- Price $ 219,900
- Boat Name Forever Young
- MAKE / Model American Tug
- Builder American Tug
- Construction Fiberglass
- Beam 13.5 ft
- Draft 3.42 ft
- Cabins 1
- Engine(s) Cummins, diesel
A classic and well cared for American Tug 34 that was purchased in 2015 and now is for sale. The owner has decided to upgrade to a larger American Tug. The fastidious owner has cared for FOREVER YOUNG well and it shows. Consistent and constant care and upgrades make this the 34 to buy! The red hull was repainted in 2015 and it shows! No disappointments.
The American Tug 34 features a comfortable, open and airy interior space with large windows and plenty of headroom. The interior features gorgeous teak woodwork and new Ultra-Leather upholstery that matches very well
New Batteries 12/2020. Great boat boat and ready to go!
Enter the cockpit through the transom door or over the side deck and down built-in boarding steps. The cockpit is large with the bridge deck overhead for weather protection. Along the starboard side and forward a locker with plenty of room for storage. The cockpit lazarette opens to reveal the steering mechanism also offering plenty of storage capacity. The side decks are wide enough to move forward and American Tug has added wonderfully stout stainless steel grab rails on the deckhouse to make passage safer. Forward of the pilothouse, stainless rails provide protection for crew working on the foredeck. In the cockpit and along the port side is a stainless steel ladder with treads that leads up to the upper bridge decks. The aft deck features stainless steel railings for safety and the area around the ladder itself has an additional stainless steel railing surround for added safety. Above the pilothouse the deck offers plenty of storage for water toys such as a canoe or kayak. There is a hinged stainless steel radar arch on top of the false stack. The exterior helm windows have Textalene white covers for added sunlight protection.
Step through the handsome AJR door and into the galley and salon. The galley is to the right, arrayed along the after bulkhead, the starboard side and the wall between the galley and the pilothouse. A corner double sink is molded into the man-made stone countertop while the galley stove is in the center with a great exterior view to starboard. A refrigerator/freezer is in the back wall of the pilothouse. The long L-Shaped galley counter will accommodate both a cook and a helper (or two) when major meals are planned. Many larger boats are not that generous with galley space and it will please even the most discriminating onboard chef.
Just inside the doorway on the port side is a large locker fitted beneath the aft window which has been can be converted for a washer/dryer. The L-Shaped settee covered in beige Ultra-Leather is along the port side of the salon. It hides an enormous amount of storage space and opens to become a double berth. The dinette table is high-low and can be used as a dinette table or a coffee table and has a folding leaf inboard. Under the settee are three large storage drawers. Forward on the port side is a control panel for the generator and a book shelf. Large windows offer excellent natural light and the forward and aft windows slide open for ventilation. The window shades offer pull downs curtains, One for some privacy and sun protection and the second shade pulls down for complete privacy. The main salon also features an electric heating system for those cool boating nights.
Up a few steps you enter the large pilothouse with two fixed windows and four that open and port and starboard pilothouse doors. The false stack on the upper deck opens above the steps to offer excellent headroom as needed to enter the pilothouse. High in the stack is a hatch that will open for ventilation and offers natural light to the steps.
There are port and starboard pilothouse doors and most windows will slide open, with screens, to give more than adequate ventilation. The helm and companion seats are double seats and helm seat will adjust fore and aft. Under the seats are storage drawers and foot rests. The large helm counter offers excellent chart room and there is a large hinged top desk for storing charts or accessories. The helm is located along the port side and the array of electronics is impressive while engine controls and gauges are within easy reach. The reverse pilothouse windows offer individual wipers and the helm has excellent 360-degree visibility. The electrical panel is in the pilothouse and is protected by an acrylic door. Engine room access is through two hatches in the pilothouse. There are stainless steel ladders on each side for complete access to the engine and engine room spaces. Well lighted with excellent access to all the engine room machinery and generator. The pilothouse offers red night time lighting.
Along the port side is the companionway to the lower cabin. The companionway curves slightly inboard and offers a built-in bookcase to port and a storage locker at the bottom of the steps. Immediately to starboard is access into the head compartment. The head also offers a private entry through the lower stateroom. The head offers teak and holly sole and a Corian solid surface countertop with molded sink. There is a Vacu-Flush head and the en-suite shower stall is large. Stainless steel hardware enhances the head. There is a teak medicine cabinet and storage under the vanity.
The stateroom features a center-line queen berth with four storage drawers built in under the aft berth. There is a large cedar-lined hanging locker along the starboard side with shelf and cubby storage from the locker forward. Under the starboard bed step is a storage cabinet. Along the port side is a locker featuring shelves and the same storage shelve and cubby storage as found on the starboard side. Again, under the port bed step is a storage cabinet. Over the berth is an overhead hatch with the Ocean-Aire system with a solid cover and a separate screen. Above the berth is a book case. Aft is private access into the head and the forward bulkhead features access into the anchor locker. The stateroom also features an electric heating system for those cool boating nights.
Located along the starboard side of the main cabin, the galley is large and offers excellent storage and countertop spaces that will please even the most discriminating onboard chef.
- Solid surface countertops double molded sinks and faucet with sprayer
- Force 10 electric (3) burner stove top
- Nova Kool 8000 6.8 cubic foot, dual voltage top refrigerator and bottom freezer
- Additional refrigerator space ventilation fans
- Sharp Carousel Grill 2 microwave and convection oven
- Multiple storage cabinets and (4) drawers
- 120-volt GFI protected electrical receptacles
- Excellent natural light and ventilation
- Deck and Hardware
- Stainless steel bow roller
- 20 kg SL Claw anchor with 275 feet of chain rode
- Lofrans Tigres TG 003280 1000 watt electric windlass with foot controls
- Raw water anchor wash down
- Stainless steel 316, 1.5-inch stanchions and rails
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel 316, 1.5-inch hand rails inside and along exterior for added safety
- Swim platform with transom door and port side folding stainless steel swim ladder
- Stainless steel ladder from cockpit to upper deck with treads
- Stainless steel hinged radar arch mounted on false stack
- Stainless steel safety railings on upper deck and added rails around ladder well
- Upper deck bimini that is made to look like sails
- Exterior Textalene white window covers
- Stainless steel pennant
- Stern flag pole and holder
- Bomar hatch with screen for lower cabin
- Power coated aluminum framed windows and doors
- (2) Stainless steel fuel fills for fuel, water, and waste
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Deck box in cockpit for storage
- Access hatch to cockpit lazarette
- Molded non-skid walking surfaces
- (8) Stainless steel mooring cleats, through bolted
- Ritchie compass
- Raymarine E7D Touch Screen for chart
- Raymarine C70 display for chart, radar, and AIS
- Raymarine AIS 250 receiver
- Raymarine 2 kW radar dome mounted on stainless steel arch over pilothouse
- (2) Raymarine Raystar GPS antennas
- Raymarine ST-6001 Smart Pilot autopilot with Raymarine S-100 remote
- Raymarine ST-60 Tridata display for speed, depth and log
- ICOM IC-M502 VHF radio with DSC and MMSI
- Weems gauges for fuel, water and holding tanks
- ACR RCL-75 remote controlled spotlight
- Navionic Gold Chip for Great Loop and East Coast USA
The Blue Seas electrical panels are located in the pilothouse protected with an acrylic door.
- 12-volt DC and 120-volt AC power with circuit breaker distribution panel
- 120-volt source selector panel
- Additional 120-volt panel for air conditioning systems
- 120-volt GFI protected receptacles
- AC and DC volt and Amp meters
- AC LED Amp meter added for easy viewing from salon
- (2) 30 Amp shore power connections with adapter
- Northern Lights 5.5 Kw diesel, fresh water-cooled generator in sound shield with 450 hours
- Racor 500 primary fuel filter
- Northern Lights remote panel with start/stop and water temp, oil pressure and volt gauges
- Interior lighting is 12 volt and 120 volt with added LED lighting
- Heavy duty marine batteries, (2) 4D house bank and isolated starting battery
- (1) 4-D battery for engine
- (1) Group 27 battery for generator
- Battery emergency parallel switch
- Xantrex 40-amp battery charger
- Battery selector switches and emergency parallel switch
- Ocean Marine System reverse cycle air conditioning and heating with electronic controls, 2 separate systems and controls-salon and stateroom
- Stainless steel dual trumpet horns
- (3) Windshield wipers
- Seaward 11 gallon stainless steel hot water heater with heat exchanger for engine heat
- 120-volt electric heaters for salon and stateroom from water heat
- Windshield defroster using engine hot water
- Clarion M455 AM/FM/CD stereo with remote Polk speakers and subwoofer
- (10) Cabinets cabinet lights and automatic hanging locker lights
- (19) 12-volt courtesy lights throughout vessel
- LED lighting throughout
- Misea 3 NM anchor and navigation LED lights
- Vizio Smart flat screen TV mounted on bracket in salon from salon overhead
- Sharp flat screen TV in master stateroom
- (2) 120-volt heaters in salon and master stateroom separate from reverse cycle heat
- Dometic reverse cycle heat and air conditioining, 12,000 and 16,000 BTU units
- (3) 150 gph bulge pumps with automatic float switches
Engine compartment is entered through two pilothouse hatches, with stainless steel ladders. The compartment is large and offers excellent access to all machinery. American Tug credits the quietness of the machinery to hard work and good design. The floor throughout the boat is a vacuum-bagged sandwich of fiberglass fabric and a couple of inches of Nida-Core® plastic honeycomb backed by about 2 inches of foam-and-vinyl insulation.
- Cummins Diesel 6BTA 5.9 , 370 hp, fresh water-cooled engine with 4,469 hours
- Twin Disc marine transmission
- Underwater exhaust system for engine and generator
- Cummins panel with VDO engine gauges at helm with VDO RPM, water temp, oil pressure, and volts
- Cummins engine alarms at helm for low oil pressure, water temp, low voltage and fuel/water
- Fuel manifold and management system with site gauge on tank
- Primary RACOR 900 MA fuel filter with vacuum gauge for engine
- Primary RACOR 500 FG fuel filter for generator
- Reverso oil exchanging system for engine, transmission and generator
- Bronze 4 blade propeller, reconditioned in 2016
- Stainless steel shaft with Tide Seal dripless shaft seal and line cutter
- Teleflex stainless steel throttle and transmission controls
- Stainless steel shaft dripless shaft seal
- Sea Star hydraulic steering system
- Wood and stainless-steel steering wheel
- Fireboy engine compartment fire suppression system
- Side Power 6 hp bow thruster with dual high thrust props and joystick control
- Engine and generator spare part kits
- Engine compartment ventilation
- Broker's Comments
A beautiful and well cared for American Tug 34 that shows pride of ownership. The sellers change of plans dictates the sale. DO NOT MISS this one!
Forever Young has been well maintained and is in excellent condition. Thorough maintenance records are onboard along with a full set of all equipment manuals. The topsides were buffed and waxed in July 2019 and the hull is being done now. Don't miss this one!
Easy to see in Chocowinity, NC an easy 30 minute ride for downtown New Bern, NC (EWN) with JET service via ATL (DELTA) and CLT (AMERICAN).
- Owner's Personal Property and Tools.
- Mechanical Disclaimer
*Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.