- Price $ 195,000
- Boat Name MISS NORMA
- MAKE / Model Ranger Tugs
- Builder Ranger Tugs
- Construction Fiberglass
- Beam 10 ft
- Draft 2.33 ft
- Cabins 3
- Engine(s) Volvo, diesel
2017 Ranger Tugs 29 Sedan "MISS NORMA"
The Ranger Tugs 29 Sedan is a masterpiece of innovation! The boat’s modern styling features a curved front window and an overhead glass atrium, providing exceptional visibility from the helm and main cabin. An ingenious aft cockpit seating arrangement features a reversible seat, port and starboard jump seats, and a teak table for outside dining. The opening cabin bulkhead window and reversible seat provides additional cockpit seating.
This exceptionally-engineered tug accommodates up to six adults in three separate berths, including a forward island berth with en-suite head, an aft cabin, and a convertible dinette. The vessel is powered by a safe, fuel-efficient Volvo D4 260 HP inboard diesel engine that is located completely outside of the cabin for quiet cruising. Bow and stern thrusters make docking exceptionally easy, while a full suite of Garmin electronics makes navigation a breeze.
This well-maintained boat has been cruised by its original owners. "MISS NORMA" is a Great Loop veteran and has journeyed up and down the East Coast. The sellers have decided it is time to move ashore and have reluctantly put their 29S up for sale. "MISS NORMA’s" fastidious owners have maintained and upgraded her as needed. The hull is under a manufacturer’s warranty until 2022.
As you walk down the dock, you will immediately notice the M/V MISS NORMA with her beautiful “Hero Red” hull color. She is stunning!
Enter the cockpit by stepping onto the swim platform and through the transom door. The swim platform has a Weaver davit system setup for an inflatable dinghy and motor. Outboard and stern rails were added by Ranger Tugs for added safety, and the attached rear fenders protect the stern when backing into a slip. Also located on the swim platform is a two-tank propane locker with additional space for a fuel can.
The cockpit is large, offering a reversible stern seat as well as port and starboard fold-away seating. A removable Teak table makes the cockpit a wonderful place to enjoy a meal or to entertain your guests. Additionally, the aft bulkhead of the main cabin has a fold-up window that allows the aft dinette seat to become part of the cockpit seating arrangement. When open, the window affords a wonderful alfresco feel.
The cockpit is protected by a small hardtop extension and a full Sunbrella beige bimini top. The entire cockpit can be enclosed with beige Textalene removable screens that easily zip on and off. The fiberglass cockpit sole is covered with a removable, weatherproof carpet that resembles a teak and holly floor. There are also port and starboard lazarettes, and engine access is easily made through a centered hatch that opens hydraulically. The cockpit helm is non-intrusive and is located along the starboard side forward. This helm has complete controls, and there is a large storage cabinet under it. A Nova Kool refrigerator/freezer is located on the port side of the cockpit.
The side decks are wide and offer deck extensions for ease of maneuverability fore and aft. Stainless-steel handrails are located along the cabin top, where there is access to a sports rack for strapping down water toys. A folding stainless-steel radar arch is mounted on the forward cabin top and is easy to raise and lower. The bow is protected with stainless-steel bow rails, and the bow pulpit opens to reveal a folding ladder for beach access.
Going back to the cockpit, the full-glass entry door opens to the main cabin. The natural light and ventilation inside is outstanding, with four opening overhead hatches and two side windows. The teak cabinets and woodwork and the matching fabrics are phenomenal. The headliner is beautiful with wood features, and the teak and holly cabin sole is protected by a carpet runner that matches it. Immediately to port is the galley area with granite-look countertops, stainless-steel appliances, and food storage and preparation space that will surely please any onboard chef. The companion helm seat folds away to allow for even more countertop space.
To starboard is access into the aft cabin. This cabin is actually larger than it appears in photos and is quite comfortable. Entering it is made even easier if you lift the aft seat of the dinette. The aft cabin has lighting, 12-volt and 120-volt receptacles, storage, and two non-opening dark tinted ports.
Also on the starboard side is the convertible dinette. The inboard edge of the dinette table folds up to reveal stainless steel grab rails and cup holders. The table and seating comfortably accommodates four. The aft dinette seat also folds forward, allowing the seat to be used as exterior seating when the aft bulkhead window is open. The forward seat is also unique as it serves the dinette, and when folded forward becomes a double helm seat. Above the dinette and aft is a fold-down Majestic DC voltage television on a swivel, allowing it to be viewed from either the cockpit or the main cabin. The main helm is comfortable with a footrest, and all gauges and electronics are within easy reach. Built into a cabinet under the helm seat is a microwave oven, as well as an additional storage compartment.
Across from the helm is a seat for a helm companion. As mentioned, this seat can fold forward to allow more galley countertop space. Forward of this seat is a fold-up chart table or desk top. Under the seat is the galley’s dual-voltage refrigerator/freezer.
Further forward and down a step is the master cabin. To port is a hanging locker and storage, as well as another mounted DC voltage television. To starboard is access into the head, a large compartment featuring a granite-look countertop and modern glass raised sink with vanity storage. The wet bath features an electric macerating toilet, and the shower stall is large with an adjustable shower head. The atrium windows flood the head from above through a translucent chart table. Aft is a cabinet with access to the helm’s electrical and electronic connections.
Along the starboard side and forward of the head in the sleeping berth is a folding desk table or vanity with storage underneath. The master cabin berth features a queen bed slightly offset to port. There is ample storage under the bed, and the forward bulkhead has a mirror-fronted cabinet. The overhead has two opening hatches with screens. The hull sides are lined in a textured vinyl material, which makes cleaning a breeze. Comfortable and functional, the master cabin is a nice place to relax after a long day on the water.
The galley is situated along the port side of the main cabin and offers great food preparation and storage space. The single helm companion seat will lift up and fold out of the way for added counter top space when needed.
- Granite-look countertops
- Deep stainless-steel sink with faucet and sprayer
- (2) Burner stainless-steel Force 10 stovetop with oven and broiler
- Solenoid controls for safe propane operation near the range
- Muave microwave oven
- Nova Kool dual-voltage refrigerator/freezer
- Nova Kool refrigerator/freezer in cockpit
- Dometic 12-volt 6-bottle wine cooler
- Ample storage cabinets and four drawers
The electrical panel is located on the aft bulkhead guest cabin, as well as the solar and generator controls, and the thruster battery switches. The engine and main battery switches are located in a protected compartment in the cockpit.
- 12-Volt DC and 120-Volt AC power distribution panel with circuit breakers
- Dual 30-amp shore power cords with 50-amp adapter
- Next Gen generator in sound shield
- Kisae 2000w inverter/charger with controller
- Kyocera 140w solar panel with remote sensor
- Majestic flat screen TV in master stateroom
- Majestic television antenna hidden in TracVision dome
- Majestic flat screen TV in main cabin that folds down and rotates
- Fusion MS-UD750 AM/FM/CD/Bluetooth player with remote speakers in 3 zones
- Dual trumpet horns
- (3) Windshield wipers
- 30-amp galvanic isolator
- Side Power bow and stern thrusters with joystick controls and hand-held remote
- Heater Craft helm heat that uses engine compartment heat while underway
- Webasto reverse-cycle air conditioning and heat with FCF electronic control
- LED lighting and concealed strip lighting throughout
- Color-coded and labeled marine wiring
- GFCI protected electrical receptacles
- (4) 12-Volt outlets
- Blue underwater lighting below swim platform
- Tecma macerating toilet with 40-gallon holding tank
- CO2 detector
- Ritchie compass
- Garmin GPS Map 7612 xSV color high definition chart plotter, radar, and sonar displays
- Garmin xHD 48-mile high definition radar dome
- Garmin autopilot with handheld remote
- Garmin 200 VHF with DSC
- Garmin AIS 300 receiver
- Bennett trim tabs
- Remote-control spotlight with automatic SOS display
- Johnson Pump high bilge alarm
- Windshield defrosters
Excellent engine compartment access, the cockpit hatch opens with a hydraulic ram for ease of maintenance and repair. The generator is aft and easily accessed under the cockpit aft seat or through the engine compartment.
- Volvo D-4 260 HP common rail electronic diesel engine with 1,100 hours
- Marine transmission with stainless-steel shaft and shaft log
- Volvo engine perimeter display featuring multiple displays
- Volvo electric shifter with many features
- Hydraulic steering with wood and stainless steel steering wheel at the helm
- Hydraulic steering with stainless-steel steering wheel in cockpit
- Side Power bow and stern thrusters with joystick controls and hand held remote
- Cockpit steering station with Volvo control and display
- Deck and Hardware
- Bow pulpit with unique fold-down ladder for access to shore
- Stainless steel bow roller
- Claw 22-pound anchor with 50’of chain and 200’ of rope rode
- Lewmar electric windlass with foot and helm switches
- Anchor locker
- Spare propeller
- Fold-away port and starboard bow seating with stadium-style cushions
- Stainless steel bow rails
- Stainless steel stern rails added to swim platform for added safety
- Stainless steel handrails along side decks for easy maneuverability
- Stainless steel storage sport rack on cabin top for kayaks or other water toys/storage
- Windshield visor and side deck fiberglass drip rails
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Sunbrella beige cockpit bimini with full Textalene screen enclosure
- Sunbrella beige windshield, window, and door covers
- Sunbrella beige cockpit seating cover
- Removable cockpit and interior carpet resembling Teak and Holly flooring
- Port and starboard cockpit lazarettes
- Molded-fiberglass port and starboard side deck steps
- Swim platform with added stern railing and fenders attached aft
- Swim platform propane locker
- Transom door and transom shower
- Fold-away port and starboard seating
- Beautiful Teak removable cockpit table with Sunbrella beige cover
- Aft seating reverses to allow viewing through opening window wall
- Swim platform with Weaver davit system, Weaver Leaver engine bracket, and dingy supports
- Stainless-steel exterior cup holders
- Folding radar arch for ease of trailering (or going under bridges)
- (2) Fishing pole holders
- Cockpit raw water washdown
- Port and starboard navigation light display boards
- (4) Overhead hatches with screens in main cabin
- (2) Overhead hatches with screens in master stateroom
- Opening side windows with screens
- Shade screening for atrium windows
- Broker's Remarks
This is a well-maintained Ranger Tugs 29S in the popular “Hero Red” color, and was owned by fastidious boaters who have kept her “ship shape.” The vessel is presently in the water in New Bern, NC and is ready for her new adventures.
Jet service is available to New Bern through American Airlines via Charlotte (CLT) or Delta Airlines via Atlanta (ATL).
- Owner's personal property and tools
- Dingy and the outboard are not available for sale
- Mechanical Disclaimer
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.